Welcome to the Spring 2023 Beyond120 Sales Development program, in partnership with The Selling Factory. If you are interested in gaining professional experience at a local company, please review the information and submit your application below by November 30, 2022.
Before you get a real job, get real professional experience. Whether you are looking to build upon the tools learned through the Beyond120 program or enhance your resume, this is a unique professional skills laboratory. Partnering with The Selling Factory (TSF), a local business next to campus, students will spend approximately 6 hours per week performing business-to-business sales. This hands-on experience will boost confidence, strengthen communication, enhance critical thinking, and expand empathy—the skills most desired by future employers. TSF has helped students launch careers with KPMG, VMware, EY, Deloitte, Oracle, Gartner, Chewy, and more!
Testimonials from Former Program Participants
This experience has helped me reevaluate my career goals as I tread the uncertainty of not knowing what to study. It’s helped me realize the importance of professional communication in the workplace and the individual role we all play in completing project tasks. I am incredibly grateful for this crucial and helpful career development and professional training.
The Academy has allowed me to build confidence in a professional work development setting as well as solidify my skills in communicating with influential business leaders in the Gainesville community. Not only has this been a safe space in terms of career growth, but it’s allowed me to kindle many friendships with other UF students with the same ambitions as mine!
The Selling Factory has been incredible! Every day I was encouraged to get out of my comfort zone and practice how to communicate persuasively and genuinely with local business owners, helping me become a stronger communicator outside the office. It’s challenging and I learned a good deal on being patient and staying persistent. This made the next call I aced all the more satisfying.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Open to undergraduate students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS).
- Register for 1 credit hour of IDS4940, Liberal Arts and Sciences Internship.
- Attend initial training session on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Work approximately 6 hours per week throughout the semester.
- International students must request and obtain work authorization prior to program start.
Participant Responsibilities and Duties
- Research prospective sales channels and generate leads for internal campaigns.
- Communicate and develop relationships with prospects.
- Work with Campaign Manager to improve skills and professional development.
- Participate in “Power Hour” with Campaign Managers.
- Function independently and in a team environment.
- Open to challenge oneself and fail forward.
- Opportunity to cultivate real professional skills in a business environment.
- Mentorship from local business leaders.
- Enhanced professional connections and networking.
- Meaningful experience to add to resume.
- Digital certificate of completion.
Questions about the experience? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.