iLS network is a collection of apartment guides across Florida dedicated to helping renters find the perfect apartment that fits their lifestyle and budget. At iLS network, we believe there a few things more personal than finding a place to live. As the apartment experts, we do our best to make the search as fast, easy, and exciting for renters as possible. Locally, renters can use Swamp Rentals to find the perfect apartments in Gainesville for their lifestyle and budget. This internship will be mainly focused on Swamp Rentals, but will be closely intertwined with all of the iLS network sites.
Digital Marketing Strategist
101 S Garland Ave, Suite 108
Orlando, FL 32608
Phone: (321) 292-1734
CLAS Connection: Yes
Office: Orlando, FL. Internship to be completed remotely from Gainesville, FL
The intern will:
- Work as part of a team, but with individual tasks and projects, so self-motivation is a must.
- Create compelling online content including photos, narrative text, and video.
- Learn and practice HTML (for non-programmers) to post online content.
- Work with a team to complete market research and user testing.
- Help develop digital strategy including SEO, content marketing and social media marketing.
- Review and help maintain quality assurance across all sites.
- Learn the inner workings of an entrepreneurial venture by assisting with administrative tasks including billing, accounts receivable, and other day-to-day operational tasks.
- Have the opportunity to tailor the internship program to his or her specific future interests.
Attributes we look for in an intern:
The ideal intern should:
- Have completed sophomore year OR have at least 48 credit hours as of Summer 2018.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Possess a creative passion for marketing and writing.
- Enjoy working as and contributing to a team.
- Be self-sufficient and self-confident when working alone.
- Be self-motivated to learn and experience.
- Consistently strive to be the best at what they do (in action, not just words).
Length of internship:
Number of internships available during a semester or year: 1-5.
Special considerations interns should be aware of (for example, housing and food considerations, travel during the internship etc.).
- Occasional travel to Orlando may be required.
- Weekly meetings are required—in person if in Gainesville.
- Reliable Internet connection required.
We are a Gator-founded company that got its start with SwampRentals.com to meet an unrealized need in Gainesville. Our CEO and president, Pete Zimek, received his bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Florida in 2001. He earned his master’s in Management in 2002 also from the University of Florida and, upon graduation, was recognized as an MSM scholar. He now lives in Orlando.
Prior to starting Swamp Rentals, Pete owned and operated two Ben & Jerry’s franchise stores in Gainesville and served on the company’s national Franchise Advisory Council and marketing committee. His innovative—and sometimes edgy—marketing campaigns resulted in being named the company’s 2006 Marketer of the Year. Pete credits his interaction with the company’s founders for instilling an ethos of social entrepreneurship and service into his current endeavors.
Since creating iLS network, Pete has become a volunteer instructor with the National Apartment Association Education Institute, served on various committees and boards for the Apartment Association of Greater Orlando and the North Central Florida Apartment Association, and won various awards, including being recognized as part of the Gator100 that celebrates the top 100 fastest-growing, Gator-owned businesses in the world.
Our team at iLS network is also made up of Gator grads stemming from all majors, interests and pathways. We live all over: Gainesville, Orlando, Tampa, and more. We all come together with the belief that finding an apartment should be easy and exciting and that is what we strive to do.
Applications require you to log in with your GatorLink username and password:
If you need additional guidance, please email email@example.com