novi AMS is a SaaS (software as a service) association management software that meets the needs of all types of associations. From cleaning up data in a membership database to helping easily organize events and communicate with members, novi AMS helps clients manage day-to-day operations of their association. We believe that associations shouldn’t have to use workarounds to get their AMS to work for them, it should “just work.”
We take a fundamentally different approach in our quest to become the industry-standard Association Management System. Our development team works side-by-side with association executives to ensure that our software is simpler and smarter. As the only AMS created by associations, for associations, our clients don’t just give us feedback and requests; they play an integral part in helping us bring our digital products to life.
Our culture is also different. We are a team of self-motivated, talented and creative people who are passionate about building great solutions, love to challenge the status quo and each other, have a desire to learn, and always aim to amaze customers by doing little things that make a big difference. We are inspired by new problems that need solutions and measure our success by the “WOW!” moments when we find them. We’re flexible, collaborative, and every member of our team plays a role in changing the AMS game.
Digital Marketing Strategist
101 S Garland Ave, Suite 108
Orlando, FL 32605
Phone: (321) 292-1734
Office: Orlando, FL. Internship to be completed remotely from Gainesville, FL
The intern will:
- Work closely with the team, but with individual tasks and projects—self-motivation is a must.
- Learn the inner workings of AMS software and association needs.
- Learn best practices of customer support and using analytical methods to find solutions.
- Assist with content creation and editing on client websites.
- Read through and analyze website error logs to find ways to help customers.
- Use analytical skills to help clients (and the team) make decisions.
- Learn how to train clients on using the software for their specific needs.
- Learn how to work with clients to normalize data in preparation for an import into novi AMS.
- Learn how to dive into Google Analytics to find new marketing channels.
- Learn how to consult clients on best practices given their specific business requirements.
- Be able to choose an interest area to work in that will fit his or her specific interests.
Attributes we look for in an intern:
The ideal intern should:
- Have completed sophomore year OR have at least 48 credit hours as of Summer 2018.
- Be self-motivated to learn and experience.
- Enjoy working as and contributing to a team.
- Possess a creative passion for diving into problems and being analytical to find solutions.
- Enjoy working with clients and have knowledge of basic customer service.
- Have an inclination to become technical-minded.
- Want to learn the ins and outs of the non-development side of software.
Length of internship:
Number of internships available during a semester or year: 1-4.
Special considerations interns should be aware of (for example, housing and food considerations, travel during the internship etc.).
- Occasional travel to Orlando may be required.
- Weekly meetings are required—in person if in Gainesville.
- Reliable Internet connection required.
We are a Gator-founded company. Our CEO and president, Pete Zimek, received his bachelor’s degree in History from the University of Florida in 2001. He earned his master’s in Management in 2002 also from the University of Florida and, upon graduation, was recognized as an MSM scholar. He now lives in Orlando.
Prior to creating novi AMS, Pete owned and operated two Ben & Jerry’s franchise stores in Gainesville and served on the company’s national Franchise Advisory Council and marketing committee. His innovative—and sometimes edgy—marketing campaigns resulted in being named the company’s 2006 Marketer of the Year. Pete credits his interaction with the company’s founders for instilling an ethos of social entrepreneurship and service into his current endeavors.
Pete has become a volunteer instructor with the National Apartment Association Education Institute, served on various committees and boards for the Apartment Association of Greater Orlando and the North Central Florida Apartment Association, and won various awards, including being recognized as part of the Gator100 that celebrates the top 100 fastest-growing, Gator-owned businesses in the world.
Our team at novi AMS is also made up of Gator grads stemming from all majors, interests and pathways. We live all over: Gainesville, Orlando, Tampa, and more. We all come together with the belief that associations should not have to use workarounds to make their AMS work for them…it should “just work.”
Applications require you to log in with your GatorLink username and password:
If you need additional guidance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org