About Beyond120 Shadowing
Participating in experiential learning opportunities such as shadowing, is central to student development for admission to healthcare professional schools. This type of involvement helps to develop personal and professional competencies in preparation for lifelong service to others. For additional information about pre-health or shadowing opportunities, contact Bobbi Knickerbocker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Participating in experiential learning opportunities such as shadowing, is central to student development for admission to healthcare professional schools. This type of involvement helps to develop personal and professional competencies in preparation for lifelong service to others.
Shadowing allows students to increase knowledge regarding healthcare professions, understanding the patient/family experience and gaining self-knowledge and awareness for fit for profession. These experiences provide an opportunity to demonstrating competencies in Interpersonal, intrapersonal, thinking/reasoning, and science competencies as is desired by professional schools.
Selection priority will be given to students:
- In the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS).
- Sophomore level or above
Completed and passed IDS1XXX Introduction to the Pre-Health Process course.
- UF GPA of 3.0 or above.
- HIPAA certified.
- Log into myTraining
- Access a guide to walk you through the process.
- Complete the following training modules below and print the certificate of completion for each. Certificates can be found by clicking on Training Transcript, then clicking on the small icons next to the module titles.
- Attach a screen shot of the certificate to your Beyond120 Shadowing application.
- Will the Beyond120 program match me with a physician?
Yes, Beyond120 assists in placing students, with alumni in healthcare professions for shadowing experience.
- What am I responsible for once I am matched with a physician?
Once a student is approved for a shadowing experience, students contact the assigned professional and make arrangements for completing the experience. Students provide their own housing, transportation, living needs and any other personal expenses.
- How much time is required?
Students must be able to commit a minimum of one full week or the time agreed upon when approved for shadowing.
- What is required of me after the experience?
After completion of the shadowing experience, students must provide Beyond120 with headshot and a reflection of experience containing information regarding what was learned about the profession, the patient/family experience and professional development.
- Will shadowing count toward the requirement for the Beyond120 Experiential Scholars program?
Yes, one full week of shadowing will earn 3 points towards the requirement for the Experiential Scholars Program.
- Submit a completed application.
Include a copy of your HIPAA certification.
- Complete an interview with Beyond120 faculty.
- Complete and sign legal waiver per the Beyond120 requirement.
- Once approved, contact provider to arrange final details regarding schedule.
- Upon completion of the shadowing experience submit the Reflection Form and a 2x2 inch headshot.
Contact: Beyond120@advising.ufl.edu with questions about your application.