Exploring PaCE Majors
Choosing a major is a process. With so many majors to choose from, it can sometimes be overwhelming. If you are unsure of what you want to major in, it’s important that you actively explore the many majors that are available in PaCE. There are probably quite a few you have never heard of before.
Keep in mind while there are some majors that can lead to specific careers, most majors are broader and can lead to a career in almost anything! Likewise, most graduate programs, including those in law, do not require any particular majors. If you are unsure of what career you want, any major is a possibility. After all, nearly all employers are looking for people with specific skills, not certain majors. Here are a few places you can go to get more information about majors. Just remember that your major choice is limited to a PaCE major. CLAS PaCE majors are listed above.
- Explore CLAS PaCE Majors – A guide to majors in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Exploring Majors and Careers – UF’s Career Connection Center helps you get started.
- C.H.O.M.P. – UF’s interactive online resource for helping you select a major and plan career goals. This self-guided tool is a great way to reflect on your interests, skills, and values and narrow down the list of majors.
- Presentation: “What Do I Want to Study?“: an in-depth look at understanding yourself, your educational options, and career options.
Interested in Professional School?
- Almost all majors are acceptable for students interested in law school.
- We do not recommend PaCE if you are interested in pursuing a career in the health professions. Most professional schools such as medical schools and dental schools do not accept online courses for fulfilment of pre-requisite requirements.