This is the advising page for College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) UF Online or PaCE programs. If you are a residential/on-campus student seeking CLAS advising (even if taking online courses this semester), please see the AAC homepage for information on how to see a CLAS advisor.
CLAS UF Online and PaCE advising services are specialized for the following populations of students:
- Currently enrolled CLAS UF Online students.
- Currently enrolled CLAS PaCE students (pre-transition to campus).
- Newly Admitted CLAS UF Online/PaCE students.
- Current UF Online/PaCE (pre-transition) students wanting to switch to a CLAS major.
- UF Residential students wanting to switch to a fully-online UF Online CLAS major.
- Former UF students wanting to discuss readmission to a CLAS UF Online program.
- Denied UF Online applicants who needs to discuss an appeal for a CLAS major.
If you don't identify with one of the bullets above, one of the following links may direct you to the appropriate office for assistance:
- UF CLAS advising for on-campus/residential programs
- UF Online Advising Contacts for other Colleges
- PaCE Advisors for other Colleges
- Prospective UF Online students with no previously completed UF Coursework
- All UF Advising Contacts
Students in the UF Online and PaCE (pre-transition) programs are assigned an advisor based on major and/or last name. Your advisor will serve as a consistent and direct point of contact throughout your time at the University of Florida. In this way, students are set up so that they have easy access to advisors, sufficient time available during their advising sessions, and receive reliable and timely information when they need it.
Below are some examples of things our advisors can help you with:
- Review University/College/Major requirements for graduation (general education, foreign language proficiency, etc.).
- Review Universal Tracking and course planning for graduation.
- Discuss academic holds.
- Explain placement and prerequisites for CLAS courses.
- Discuss Academic probation.
- Discuss petitions for an exception or waiver of a college/university rule/regulation/requirement.
- Discuss changing majors to CLAS majors (majors outside CLAS require an advisor in the desire major's college).
- See more UF Online Advising Services.