In order to provide timely responses to inquiries our advisors monitor team email inboxes. You may email a question from our email page for answers to general questions about the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. We strive to answer all e-mails within 24-48 business hours. However, there might be a delay in response during peak times. Please note that we cannot remove holds, change majors via e-mail.

Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.

For questions regarding the following topics, please contact the appropriate office:


  • Individual advising sessions are available by appointment Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM. – 4:30 PM. To make an appointment with a UFO CLAS advisor, please call Kelly Stalter at 352-294-2205. For an appointment with a Pre-Law advisor, please call (352) 392-1521 and when prompted select ext. 2. Please note that we do not make Pre-Law appointments during peak times such as drop/add and advance registration. This allows us to serve the maximum number of students each day.
  • Please note that if you are more than 5 minutes late to your appointment, it may be cancelled.

Why speak with a CLAS advisor

The CLAS @ UF Online provides academic advising to College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) majors and pre-law students as well as students who are considering changing to a CLAS major. Here’s what we can do for you:

  • Help you understand your degree requirements (and show you how to read your degree audit) . If you are confused by your degree audit, or think it is incorrect, we can help you understand or correct it.
  • Discuss your tracking requirements (what you should be doing to stay on track). A number of students will have Universal Tracking holds because they are not progressing in their major. We can help you determine what you need to do to get back on track, or help you identify your options if you need to change majors. We do not lift holds through e-mail advising.
  • Determine why a College hold has been placed on your record (and what you need to do to resolve it). CLAS places holds on students who are on probation as well as students who are not meeting college progression standards. We do not lift holds through e-mail advising.
  • Explain placement and prerequisites for the courses you are thinking of taking next term. A number of courses require placement (readiness assessments) or have prerequisite courses that must be completed or in progress to register.
  • Help you identify your options if you are having difficulty THIS semester. Often, dealing with a problem as it is beginning will prevent the worst from happening. Many students wait until it is too late to seek assistance, thinking “I’ll just do better on the next exam” without actually figuring out how to do so.
  • Describe how to use the registration system. Many new students don’t know how to search for certain types of classes (such as General Education). While we’ll explain how to use the system, normally we will not register you for classes—you can do so in ONE.UF yourself.

When to speak with a non-CLAS advisor

  • Information about majors outside of CLAS: speak with the assigned advisors for the college that offers that major.
  • Advising about major or minor requirements: speak with your major/minor department (department addresses are listed at the top of each department’s section in the Schedule of Courses. Learn more about who your advisor is.
  • If a course is departmentally controlled, you must talk to the department that offers the class to see if you are eligible to register for it.
  • If you need credit from other institutions evaluated for your major or minor, you should visit the appropriate department. CLAS @ UF Online can evaluate credit from other institutions that may count for General Education requirements. Please remember to bring along a course description for credits in question.
  • If you are having trouble getting into a particular course, we don’t have the ability to place you into full classes. You may contact the department that offers the course. If your problem is a prerequisite issue, they may be able to help you. If the course is simply full, they probably can’t do anything.