While in the UF Online side of the PaCE program, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) PaCE students are generally not allowed to take courses at other institutions (known as transient coursework). Transient coursework is not allowed for courses offered through UF Online, or for courses taken as pre-health pre-requisites.
If you have an extenuating circumstance that warrants an exception to this policy, please first speak with the CLAS PaCE advisor.
If you are approved by an advisor for transient work, you can complete a transient form at FloridaShines.org. Please read the following guidelines before submitting a request:
- Please allow 5-7 business days for your online form to be processed.
- Before you complete this form, please contact the school to find out if you need to submit an application and/or additional materials first.
- Students taking courses out-of-state or at a private institution must fill out by hand the UF and CLAS transient forms, which you can request from your advisor.
- Be sure to put your UFID number and that you are a PaCE student in the Student Comments section of the online form. This will help us process your request as quickly as possible.
- Please see the Student Services section of the FloridaShines website.
To be eligible to do transient work, you must be able to answer “yes” to each item below:
|First Semester PaCE Student||After your First Semester in PaCE|
Students with a deficit record at a different institution (not-UF) may not be admitted or readmitted to UF. If a student earns a deficit record while doing transient work at a different institution, they are permitted to return and graduate. However, if that student skips three consecutive terms at any point after the deficit record is earned, their readmission application will be denied until they can correct the deficit record.
If you have any additional questions about transient work, please discuss them with an academic advisor.