CLAS Career Coaching
Meet Jackie Pedota
Assistant Director for
Career & Industry Engagement—CLAS
As the Career Connections Center embedded liaison for CLAS, I work to create customized services to meet students where they’re at. I provide innovative and engaging ways for CLAS students to consider pursuing major exploration and career development the moment they step onto campus. I’ve worked in several types of educational settings, but working with college students is my passion. I’m a UF alumna and am beyond thrilled to be back in the swamp. As an undergrad here, I always thought my major would dictate my career choices. I majored in Wildlife Ecology and Conservation and minored in Portuguese, but upon graduation, I had no intention of pursuing a career that directly related to my studies. The transferable skills I learned within CLAS have helped me to be successful by committing to being a life-long learner.
Take advantage of our services!
I encourage students to take advantage of the many opportunities we offer CLAS students that help bridge the gap between inspiration and action.
Learn About Yourself & Career Options
- Take CHOMP
- Schedule a Career Planning Appointment
- Attend resume reviews, mock interviews, and other career development events
- Connect with employers through workshops and skills-labs
- Go to Career Showcase to find a job or internship!
- Reflect and grow with your peers at one of our weekly Career Conversations
Prepare for Your Next Steps
- Stop by the Center for an Express-Drop to revise your Graduate School documents
- Research career opportunities on Gator Career Link
Find me at Farrior Hall in the Academic Advising Center
Career Planning Hours:
Mondays: 1:30 – 4:00 p.m. by Appointment
Thursdays: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. by Appointment
Schedule a Career Planning appointment
Watch this quick video to learn how:
Partner with us
I welcome CLAS students, staff, and faculty to share any events or services you would like to see from the Career Connections Center, or anything I can do to help bring career development to you. Please email me with your suggestions and ideas of ways I can help you be successful.